ELUSIVE STARE

 All poems copyright: ravivchhabra.com Managing Editor: fnbworld.com 

Acrylic on canvas by Ridhi Chhabra

In morning the screen shall light up again opposite the effusive glance. Her breath on my face brushing the cigarette smoke in fine strokes.

I touch her face, bosom and the gleaming cheeks, desperate to hear a whisper or two in mirth as we play the music alongside. Her lips burst out with the laughter signature. Is it humour that keeps this rumour going. I probe as she takes a breather.

She vanishes like the elusive chime untimed. Why her. Is it a rebound or are we future bound? Inner noise is a reliable partner.

My expressions are effusive, yet, I sometimes hear her calling out my name. A distant game we play till the time she stays. Night for her is early. Morning and noon await our final journey.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Lips and Tulips

An ode to the broken man

My untrimmed hair