DEJA VU


TESTIMONY

I am a second-generation journalist. I hold a masters degree in mass communication with over three-decades active, worthwhile journalism practice  with leading dailies, web portals, PR and media companies in India and overseas.

Ironically, I have had the fortune to teach photo-journalism apart from media studies etc to university students but haven't been able to practice photography in a professional manner. My inspiration to photography comes from both - the love for images that last longer than human life span and my father's desire for me to take up photography as a profession.

The aesthetics of the human body lie especially in its versatility to work as a fighting machine when trained in martial arts or in amatory affairs! My father, also a journalist, was an avid amateur/compulsive photo-shooter. He felt his greatest material loss during the Partition of India were the photo-albums he couldn't bring with him from Sialkot to New Delhi. But he did manage to bring an antique Agfa Gaevert camera astride an Indian Army truck. That antique camera, I cherish as a relic and his now vintage pipe.

I am jaded with the written and spoken word. Photographs give me that silent but a copious expressiveness. This blog is dedicated - to Sufism - the religion of pure love; the alchemy of the heart! I start this blog with a few poems that I wrote in yesteryear, they have all of a sudden come alive and I am posting them with a sense of deja vu. It rekindles the bard in me...as I start afresh writing some paeans for love.

Though the photographs/sketches that accompany the poems are not necessarily by me, as I have yet to tackle the shutterbug with finesse and I am on that tough turf now, practicing hard. But I know, photographs are a perfect extension of the way we see this world and the way others, perhaps, must see it....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Lips and Tulips

My untrimmed hair

An ode to the broken man